Monday, May 7, 2007

Sunsets and the sun in general

I'm looking outside my window right now (8:24PM EST) and see a palette of colors ranging from a dark yellow to a deep orange. I've always been intrigued by the sky, sunrises, sunsets and more recently clouds (thanks to Milee). There's something very ethereal and calming about just looking at them. The colors are unreal and it reminds me that the days are getting longer. I feel like a stoner/ space cadet sometimes when I happen across a pretty sky and point it out to friends, "heyyyyyyyyy maaaaaaaan, look at those clouds. It's liiiikkke, they're floating or something." But I still do it regardless. ;) These are the things to stop and appreciate people! We see so much ugliness ya gotta see the beauty too to balance yourself out.

Over and out.

8:55PM - I'm reading Real Simple and just came across this: "Remember that the most beautiful things in the world are the most useless; peacocks and lilies for instance." - John Ruskin

Bollocks! (I'm watching a British show right now, forgive the lingo.) But seriously, how are they 'useless'? Beauty serves a distinct purpose as an elixir, a distraction, an oasis of sorts. But perhaps he's so darn happy he doesn't need anything else????? Who knows and who am I to judge. Just sayin'.

1 comment:

MaMaMiTa said...

What British show were you watching m'dear?