Friday, May 18, 2007

Storm King

Milee and I went to Storm King Art Center (http://www.stormking.org/) yesterday. It didn't take too long to get there, prob less than 1 hr. Way worth it. I've never been to such a huge outdoor space filled with sculptures large and small. At times I'd look around and be like, "ooh there's another one." It's about 300 acres and it's unbelieveably relaxing either to just stroll around or you can hop on one of the tours. The tram tour is pretty cool. We left in a state of lethargy sometime in the late afternoon. Plus you can bring a picnic and camp out a bit to break up the strolling. I'm not a huge museum goer or art lover but there's something to be said about giving your brain a shake by exposing it to something unfamiliar. Funny enough, the last time I was at a museum was also with Milee except it was the Museo Picasso Malaga where I felt the same sense of calm. I recognize that I can appreciate art and interpret it as I like but that's the extent of my interest and that's just dandy.

No comments: