Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Afterglow

Bebel was unbelieveable and her opener, Federico Aubele wasn't too shabby either. She was soulful and energetic even with a broken ankle that's on the mend. I've got MAJOR respect for people who so obviously love what they do so very much. It makes their energy contagious and I think that (and a cup of hazelnut coffee pre-show) was what kept me wide-eyed til the wee hours. Even though I was desperate to fall asleep since I had to get up at 7am I was excited because I was thinking about some things that I want to do and say in the near future. Even though some of it was impractical, it was still fun to think about. Any way, back to Bebel. I highly recommend her to anyone who reads this that is unfamiliar. She just channels visions of beaches and relaxation, how could that possibly be anything but wonderful? And if you want to meet Brazilians in New York I suggest you go to her show tonight. I didn't feel like I was in NY at all between the Spanish fans there for Federico and the Brazilian contingent. I even ran into my tatoo artist there (Brazilian) who let use cut the line with him. Gramercy Theatre is a nice venue that bears some resemblance to Bowery Ballroom in size. It was a good evening and well worth the restless night.

No comments: