Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Bebel Gilberto


Today is Bebel day! Going to see her in concert this eve at Gramercy Theatre. Why do I like her? Because I think of all the things on my "simple pleasures" list whenever I hear her music ie., beach, summer, driving, etc. It's all positive music, or perhaps it's because she generally sings in Portuguese and I have no idea what she's saying but it sounds upbeat and positive. Heh. I just downloaded her latest from iTunes called Momento, I highly recommend it and happily disposed of a bunch of songs on my iPod to make room for it. This whole Nano thing makes me a cutthroat biatch! I just willingly dispose of music to load whatever catches my fancy. I'm so fickle. Fickle I tell you.

I'm also thinking about getting the new Bjork too since I liked some of her older stuff (namely Homogenic and Post) but the more recent albums have been a bit weird just like I couldn't get into Dancer in the Dark. We'll see about that one.

1 comment:

soopling said...

yah, i couldn't get into medulla, so i'm definitely not sure about volta. but a coworker who loved medulla said she didn't like volta, so maybe (applying that good ol' logic!) i'll end up liking this album better.