Friday, June 8, 2007

Moments

Do you realize that as you walk by people they're all possibly having huge moments in their lives and that it's something you're a part of just by being in the vicinity as a spectator? I walked by the local cobbler this morning and caught a moment when he was talking to his wife and his hand went to grasp his forehead. By his gestures I would say whatever they were discussing was a bit of a shock to him but it was only a second of time in all our worlds and that's what I saw. Then I remembered recently that while I was on Long Island there was a police standoff blocks away and I thought, 'Geez, there are people steps away who are likely going through serious emotional and/or physical drama.' Obviously there's nothing to do about it as a spectator but it's something that struck me.

No comments: