Monday, July 30, 2007

Worky MacWorkington

Today was an important day career-wise, at least I think so. I've signed on to be the interim editor at a lifestyle portal since the current (amazing) Senior Editor is leaving for another position E.O.D. tomorrow. From what I can see, she's been a 1-woman army there for the last few years and I'm a little, more than a little intimidated. The prospect of the new is exciting and I think once I get into it (and make a few mistakes) I'll be okay. It's just something that has come out of left field since they only mentioned it to me last Wednesday. I also, know that this company isn't the quickest at hiring replacements, which is frightening in that I can be there for awhile. On the other hand maybe it's my chance to stake my claim and get in on the inside. I dunno, I'll have to see what transpires at the meeting tomorrow morning and I guess I'll have a better idea. The thought of having some freedom is intriguing as well. Like my predecessor said, "you must've done something right to get here." We'll see my friend. We'll see.

1 comment:

alannajoy said...

Sooo excited for you Bahooba! Congrats!