Friday, January 11, 2008

bored

I've never been so bored. i hate being sick but who doesn't? in the meantime, i'd like to ponder why it is that i know there are so many things i could be doing with this time yet i refuse to do it? thoughts?

So I watched Almodovar's "Talk to Her" yesterday and I have to say that I love him. He may be the only person who can make one feel empathy for a rapist. It is, without a doubt, a twisted story. A man essentially falls in love with a comatose woman. He knew very little about her before she feel into coma and I think he kinda makes up the rest along the way. What's interesting is the ability of the mind to not only make stuff up but for the person to then believe it. Wholeheartedly. Tricky thing that mind. Tricky tricky. it's an amazing thing.

in other news, i was just re-reading a bday card i received from a dear dear friend and i thought i'd share:

"Barb, this year I wish you more love in your live. It's not to say that you need more joy & love from friends & family because you will always have that forever without a doubt. I wish for you a kind of love that makes you flutter, a love that makes you cry, a love that makes you angelic and fly high."

i fear that this is a common sentiment among my friends about me. fear not dear friends. this is the one arena in life where i have patience. all good things come to those who wait.

No comments: